It is devastating to know you have heart issues. Before you feel hopeless, try to reverse this.
The Integrative Medicine Duke Center has a system for mixing natural remedies for heart health. The best part here is that the method is simple and can lower heart attack risks by 60%. It is even better than surgery or meds. Read more:
The best diet changes:
- Have green tea-this has antioxidants and lowers pressure and cholesterol
- Have fat less than 25% of all calories- consume monounsaturated fats, omega 3s, and avoid saturated and trans fats. Also have omega 6 fats.
- Use extra virgin olive oil– use this in salads and replace butter and margarine here.
- Eat fiber– beans, oats, whole wheat
- Eat fish– this has omega 3 fat acids good for the heart
- Juices 2 times daily– OJ for folic acid and reducing homocysteine and also grape juice for antioxidants
- Fresh produce– have this daily for the phytochemicals
- 5 oz nuts weekly– and flaxseed too
- 1 to 3 oz alcohol daily– this prevents heart attacks
- Have soy protein– reducing the cholesterol
Other lifestyle changes
Apart from diet changes, also do these:
- Workouts– even 15 min walking 2 times daily.
- No stress– this makes heart illnesses
- Meditation-close the eyes and breathe deep for 5 min
- Be social– frends and family are good! They can help you fight depression and anxiety
- Have supplements– have folic acid, vitamin B6 and C too. also have selenium antioxidant for fighting blood clots and cholesterol.
Also have natural cures and remedies like garlic, with even 1 clove per day you can reduce the heart attacks!