The gallbladder is a pear shaped sac under the liver and is on the right belly side. The main work of it is storing bile. This is part of the biliary system, a reservoir for bile and is not used in digestion.
Bile is made in the liver and helps in fats digestion. If food enters the body and small intestines, the hormone cholecystokinin makes the gallbladder release bile in that intestine. This bile helps in digestion when it breaks down fats.
Bad gallbladder has problems with this digestion and also can go along pain. Luckily, there are some ways to use natural cures and boost the health of the gallbladder.
Some foods can increase flow of bile and remove gallstones.
This has caffeylquinic acid which makes more bile flow. Put 2 artichokes in shallow dish and add ½ or 1 inch water. Cover this with plastic wrap and cook on high heat for 5 min in the microwave. Scrape the flesh of the leaf between the teeth and throw the pithy part.
Sauerkraut juice and sauerkraut
These 2 make more bile flow if you use them all the time. Have ½ cup of this juice every week before breakfast.
Add fiber in your diets and eliminate excess fat. Also get fibers like flax meal. Mix 1 tsp flax meal with 8 oz apple juice and get all the pectin and fiber.
Foods with vitamin C
These foods are red bell peppers, dark leafy green veggies and broccoli, they prevent gallstones. Also vitamin C boosts immunity with its antioxidants.
This is a fatty acid that has antioxidants and is seen in potatoes, broccoli, spinach, organ meats.
Natural remedy herbs
Herbs have long been used as strength source for immunity and organs. For making tea of these herbs, steep 1 tsp for a cup of hot water. Steep this for 5-10 minutes and use leaf flowers. For roots you need 10-20 min time prep. Have 2-4 cups daily.
- Milk thistle-amazing for detox of liver and gallbladder.
- Green tea– for antioxidants
- Globe artichoke– for gallbladder health and liver health, and more bile making. A gallbladder attack may happen if there is bile obstruction. Talk with your doctor prior this herb.
- Turmeric– for a healthy liver. High doses of this may thin the blood.
These are the nutrition dos and don’ts for removing gallstones symtptoms:
- Food with iron and B vitamin, whole grains and dark leafy green veggies
- Antioxidant foods like blueberries, cherries, tomatoes, veggies (winter squash, spinach, kelp, cauliflower)
- Avoid allergens like cheese, milk, ice cream, wheat, additives
- Eat lean meat protein and avoid red meat
- No refined foods like pasta, white bread and refined sugar
- Use healthy oils like olive or coconut, reduce trans fats in processed foods, baked goods and margarine
- No alcohol