For a diabetic is important to have a healthy diet and lots of veggies and fruits. Smoothies are one way to combine foods and mash them into snacks. Here are some good recipe ideas:
1. Sweet potato smoothie– you need: ½ cup cooked and peeled off potato, ½ cup almond milk, ½ banana, ¼ tsp cinnamon, 1 tbsp peanut butter (or almond). Blend until smooth.
2. Green smoothie and banana– 1 banana, ½ avocado, 2-3 cups spinach, 8 oz almond milk. First blend the spinach and the milk and then add the fruits. Calories: 282, fat: 13g, protein: 6g, carbs: 36g, sugar: 15g, calcium: 6%, iron: 2.4mg, vitamin A: 41%, vitamin C: 47%
3. Mix of fruit and veggies smoothie– you need: 1 of each; apple, banana, carrot, celery stick, lemon, sweet potato, 1 tsp cinnamon powder, ½ tsp cayenne pepper, 1 cup water. Blend until creamy smooth. And this can last you for 3 days.
4. Green strawberry pineapple smoothie– you need: 2 cups pineapple, 1 cup strawberries, 1 ½ cups kale, ½ cup parsley, 1 banana, 1 tbsp hemp seed. Blend smoothly. Calories: 449, fat: 8g, protein: 14g, carbs: 96g, sugar: 54g, calcium: 27%, iron: 7.2 mg, vitamin A: 116%, vitamin C: 605%
5. Avocado-plum smoothie with banana- you need: 1 head bok choy, 1 red plum, 1 cup kale, 1 banana, ¼ avocado. Mix and blend. Calories: 258, fat: 9g, protein: 7g, carbs: 46g, sugar: 22g, calcium: 16%, iron: 2.2 mg, vitamin A: 185%, vitamin C: 178%.