The water soluble vitamin C is not stored inside. But many foods have this and the best are acidic fruits; grapefruit, orange, lemon and lime. What happens with GERD or reflux?
Keeps you safe from microbes and has other roles too. The C slows aging of skin with removing free radicals and making collagen, healing some wounds, improving tissues and absorption of iron. These are low acidic fruits with C.
- Guavas– this fruit is tropical and is better even than oranges.
- Kiwi– snack them as topping for oats or yoghurt. Regardless of consuming, they are loaded with C and fibers
- Melon– in the summer, take these and get water and fibers for constipation
- Blackberries– these have antioxidants and C too
- Berries of any kinds– avoid strawberries since they are a bit more acidic
- Bell peppers– yellow, green, red, all are good. Add them in stew, salad, pizza and get vitamin A for eyesight too.
- Cabbage-fibers for digestion and C too
- Broccoli– a serving broccoli is amazing for C and removal of toxins
- Cauliflower– like broccoli, this also is for detox, steam, boil, stir fry…
- Peas– they also have protein and fiber and loads of C vitamin
- Turnip greens– add them in salad, stir fry and get some antioxidants too
- Leafy greens– apart from turnip, Swiss chard and leafy greens have fibers as well.
Source and image source: www.wellnessbin.com