Oranges are very good food, from one side they are very nutritive and from the other side they are poor in calories. They can help you maintain you skin healthy and at the same time they are protecting you from many different types of illnesses. These reasons are enough to start eating orange every day. The proverb goes that if you eat one apple a day, there will be no need going to doctor. From the facts mentioned above we can say the same for the oranges too.
They contain 170 phytochemical and 60 different flavonoids, which make them one of the healthiest fruits in the world.
Health Gains There are a lot of health gains from eating oranges. We will list some of them:
1. According to the American Heart Association advises us to eat big quantity of citrus fruits, especially oranges if we want to reduce the risk of getting ischemic stroke. This risk can be reduced up to 19%
2. Potassium is important for sustaining healthy blood pressure. It is known that if you take a food rich in potassium you can low the chances of mortality from any disease up to 20%. Oranges contain this mineral, and if you combine in your nutrition less sodium product and citrus fruits, you will have no problems with hypertension.
3. Orange is a fruit that is rich in vitamin C and fiber. Vitamin C, as an antioxidant, fights against the free radicals responsible for getting cancer. If your diet is fill with fiber each day, then the chances of getting colorectal cancer are very low. Oranges and orange juice are reducing the risk of childhood leukemia, so it is highly recommended to include them in the diet, especially in the first two years.
4. If you preserve your heart healthy and in good condition, you can have a life without worries. Oranges can surely help you in this because they are rich in vitamin C, choline, fiber and potassium.
5. As we mentioned previously oranges are rich in fiber that is perfect fighter against diabetes 1. But, you will need to include in your diet on daily basis if you want to reduce the level of glucose in the blood. Oranges, thanks to fiber, are also useful for people with diabetes type 2, because fiber boosts lipids, insulin and level of blood sugar.
6. Everybody knows that oranges are rich in vitamin C which is an excellent antioxidant that fights against skin diseases caused by pollution and sun. Vitamin C is also responsible for face without wrinkles and good skin texture, as well keeping the skin young because is very important in producing of the collagen.
Article and image source: www.stethnews.com